As mobile phones become more popular, more advanced and more expensive, it unfortunately makes them more liable to theft.
Here are some practical tips to keep your gadget from scheming thieves…
• Get a basic case – these can help keep a low profile. If concealed in a case, thieves won’t be able to tell whether it is an iPhone or an ancient Nokia!
• Hold your gadget in both hands – if thieves think you’re more likely to have a firm grip on your gadget, they’re probably less likely to try to pinch it.
• Pay attention to your surroundings – don’t get so absorbed in your phone that you lose sight of whose around you.
• Avoid the pocket – it’s the easiest place for someone to steal from. Try keeping your device in the inside pocket of your coat, the interior pocket of a handbag, etc.
• Lock code – use a simple passcode or a more complex one to prevent data theft.
• Save data – this won’t stop your phone from being stolen, but it might help reduce the pain of an unfortunate situation! If you have photos, emails, videos, contacts or anything else important to you, save these somewhere else, like a USB drive or cloud service.
What to do if it is stolen:
• Report to your carrier immediately. Your device will then be added to a blacklist, which will stop a thief being able to make calls or access the data network.
• Report the theft to the police straight away.
Help protect your phone (and sanity!) by insuring it - so that if it is lost or stolen, your replacement device is covered. Rest assured, Row.co.uk will do everything we can to minimise the pain of having your precious gadget stolen! Our insurance is designed to offer the greatest cover, for the smallest price. Click here to get a quote with us today.
*The information in this blog is designed to provide helpful information on the subjects discussed. Please seek a professional for expert advice as we can not be held responsible for any damages or negative consequences upon following this information.