Mobile phone insurance generally covers theft, loss and unauthorised calls, but also accidental damage
, breakdown, cracked screens and screen and liquid damage.
From as little as £1.49 your smartphone is protected against the odd bounce on the pavement and contact with liquids. Yes, this could be a run in with a toilet or lying in the path of a spilt drink.
How to protect your mobile phone from everyday scenarios
Our mobile phones are constantly in use so they are going to take a few knocks along the way. However, there are a few savvy ways to ensure their longevity and maintain their good looks:
- Water-tight: waterproof covers are ideal and widely available for those of you whose animated actions send liquid-filled vessels flying on a regular basis. Or if you’re in the company of such demonstrative people. A waterproof cover will help protect your mobile from liquid damage.
- Bounce-proof: shockproof covers are also widely available and perfect for those of you who are prone to dropping things. Or for those of you who entrust your phone to your toddler to keep them quiet. Shockproof covers absorb the hard knocks your smartphone may be subjected to when it makes contact with the ground or any other hard surface. They also add grip to mobiles with slick finishes that are more likely to slip out of your grasp.
- As seen on screen: the chances of the dreaded cracked screen appearing on your smartphone are significantly lowered with a protective case. Not only do cracked screens obscure your view, they can also indicate that your mobile phone is suffering more than just cosmetic damage.
- Out of sight, out of mind: if your phone’s aesthetics are just too good to hide beneath a waterproof or shockproof cover, then you’d be wise to keep it tucked away when not in use. Your handbag or pocket provides great cover from spillages, drops and opportunists, but they’re not foolproof as you’ll discover below.
- The wrong trousers: now if your smartphone is constantly escaping from your pocket, then a rethink is definitely in order. Currently fashion dictates that we look fantastic in ultra-skinny jeans, but as well as not leaving much to the imagination, they also provide little pocket room for your mobile and cash. If you do insist on following the trend, then at least invest in a waterproof/shockproof cover and smartphone insurance to protect from wandering hands.
Mobile phone insurance
What do they say? Save the best for last? Here goes. Obviously the best protection for all of the scenarios mentioned above is smartphone insurance
. Not only will it offer protection against accidents, but also theft.
When a shockproof or waterproof cover fails, accidental damage and cracked screens are covered. When a light-fingered soul takes a fancy to your iPhone and makes a swift exit, you’re covered with mobile phone insurance.
Psst, did you know your phone’s sticking out of your back pocket?