Sadly, more and more people are victims of either mobile phone theft or cyber crime, so keeping your phone safe is important. Find out how to protect yourself in this short guide.
Mobile Phone Theft
Phones are very easy to steal, so you should always take the following precautions:
Record your IMEI number. This is a number unique to your phone. To find out yours press * # 06 # into your keypad and make a note of the number. If your phone is stolen and recovered, then this can help police return it to you.
- Never leave your phone lying around
- Use your phone discreetly in public places
- Password protect your keypad
- Use immobiliser services or software to lock your phone in the event of loss or theft
- Immediately report loss or theft to your service provider
Mobile Phone Security
With the rise of smartphones, more and more of our personal data is contained on our phone, so it’s vital to protect it.
- Beware of unverified iOS and Android apps – these can easily install malware into your phone, destroying data or phishing. Only download apps from approved providers such as Google Play or Apple App Store. If not, be wary of installing apps with spelling mistakes, look for the developer, and check reviews for fakes.
- Always update your phone regularly
- Use remote locking and GPS tracking
- Don’t open links you’re not sure of
*The information in this blog is designed to provide helpful information on the subjects discussed. Please seek a professional for expert advice as we can not be held responsible for any damages or negative consequences upon following this information.