One in three British holidaymakers regret taking their phone abroad, despite being reluctant to leave it at home. How important is it to insure your phone before your holiday?
As technology becomes smaller and lighter, it is becoming increasingly convenient for us to travel with smartphones, tablets, laptops and e-readers. Taking expensive gadgets and mobile phones now tops the list of important travel items, as well as passport, sun tan lotion and sunglasses.
Thanks to instant messaging services like WhatsApp, you can how send pictures whenever you want so long as you find a café or restaurant with WiFi. Gone are the days when you needed to send a postcard home to keep in touch!
Last year, AXA
estimated that British holidaymakers collectively travelled with over £7billion worth of gadgets. Furthermore, a recent survey by Hotels.com
revealed that 46% of holidaymakers admit checking work emails whilst on holiday and 36% access social media.
In light of these statistics, it’s evidently more important than ever before to insure your phone before you go on holiday. The combination of sun tan lotion, sand, water and alcohol combined with expensive gadgets is a recipe for disaster… so make sure you are prepared!
• Not all network providers have roaming agreements with every country.
• If you’re considering travelling to a more remote resort, check with your network provider before you leave.
• Clue yourself up on the different charges so that you can manually choose which network to roam on when you arrive on holiday.
• Understand your package limits before your holiday – downloading and uploading data to social media sites can have massive charges. Consider switching off data roaming to avoid unexpected charges.
• Check that your phone insurance policy covers loss or water damage.
Row.co.uk offers worldwide cover for phone protection and peace of mind, available wherever your travels take you. As one of the fastest growing UK mobile phone insurance companies, we’ll ensure that you are treated with care and that your package will be much cheaper than would be available to you in store or with your network provider.
*The information in this blog is designed to provide helpful information on the subjects discussed. Please seek a professional for expert advice as we can not be held responsible for any damages or negative consequences upon following this information.