Row Gadget Policy Summary
POLICY SUMMARY – BASIC COVER
This summary is a brief guide to the Row.co.uk Gadget Insurance Cover arranged by BIG Warranties Limited and underwritten by Qudos Insurance A/S. You must read the Terms and Conditions of this insurance cover for full details and definitions of the cover provided. This summary does not form part of your contract of insurance.
TYPE OF INSURANCE
The Row.co.uk Gadget Insurance Policy entitles you to a repair or replacement of your Gadget within the U.K., and extends to cover up to 45 days elsewhere in the world. Depending upon the level of cover you have selected, the policy will cover the equipment you declared to us, when you applied, up to a maximum of the equipment’s replacement cost for any one claim.
Period of Insurance
The insurance starts at the time of purchase of the insurance for a minimum period of 12 months, which applies before you can cancel. The policy can be paid in full at inception or in monthly instalments. Each year we will offer to renew Your policy for a further period of 12 months. If You do not tell us that You do not wish for the policy to continue, it will automatically be renewed.
POLICY COVER – SIGNIFICANT FEATURES, BENEFITS, LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
WHAT WE WILL COVER
The Gadget designed to be used solely with its own integral power source excluding accessories and car kits. All Gadgets must have been purchased as new from a UK VAT registered company within the last 12 months, as evidenced by the relevant Proof of Purchase. Full details of all the definitions can be found in Section 2. DEFINITIONS of your Terms and Conditions.
Dependent upon the level of cover you chose which will be shown on your Schedule your Row.co.uk Gadget Insurance Policy provides cover against:-
We will pay for the sudden and unforeseen accidental damage to the Gadget (excluding televisions) including liquid damage not otherwise specifically excluded from this Policy.
Electrical or mechanical breakdown of your equipment that occurs outside of the manufacturer’s guarantee period.
Theft (when selected as shown on your Certificate of Insurance)
If your Gadget is stolen we will replace it. Where only part or parts of your equipment has been stolen, we will only replace that part or parts.
The disappearance of Your Gadget in circumstances that do not involve Theft and its whereabouts remain unknown.
The cost of calls, messages and downloads and uploads made from Your Gadget with airtime capability, whilst not barred by the airtime provider within 48 hours of discovery of the Theft of Your Gadget occurring provided Your claim for Theft is valid.
The amount You must pay towards the cost of any claim. The Excess amount required is as follows:
£40 for all gadgets with cover amount of £200 or less
£75 for all gadgets with cover amount of more than £200
£80 for laptops
An additional £30 excess will be applied for each of the following:
Loss or Theft
Claims within the first three months of the policy start date.
Any excesses must be paid before a claim can be processed.
WHAT WE WILL NOT COVER
Your Gadget is not covered for:-
1. Specific Theft and/or Loss exclusions:
In all cases of Theft We will require evidence of the time and date it was reported to the police as well as the police station attended and the name/badge no. of the officer dealing with the case/report.
a) the Theft of Your Gadget whilst kept in an Unattended motor vehicle UNLESS the vehicle is locked and all protections are in operation and the Gadget is concealed in a locked glove box (all vehicles) or the boot of the vehicle (saloon cars), under the rear parcel shelf (hatchback cars and 4x4 vehicles) or in the spare wheel compartment (estate cars) so that forced entry into the car is required. A copy of the repairer’s account for such damage to the vehicle must be supplied with any claim. Theft from side pockets and any other interior space of the vehicle other than those specified will not be covered;
b) Theft or loss from any commercially registered vehicle;
c) Theft or loss whilst left on the exterior of any motor vehicle such as but not limited to roof, bonnet or boot;
d) Theft from any property, place or premises unless such Theft has occurred through forced entry or exit;
e) Theft whilst in any form of public transport or public place UNLESS the Gadget is taken by actual or threatened force;
f) Theft or Loss where the Gadget has been left Unattended
g) Theft or Loss of the SIM other than in respect of a valid claim where Your card was stolen or lost with the Gadget.
h) Loss which has occurred within the Policyholders, Authorised Persons or Immediate Family’s home(s).
2. Specific Accidental Damage exclusions
a) Any damage to the Gadget caused by or related in any way to a software virus or any other software malfunction
b) Any damage directly occasioned by pressure waves caused by aircraft and other aerial devices travelling at sonic or supersonic speeds.
c) Any damage resultant from Your leaving Your Gadget on the exterior of any motor vehicle such as but not limited to roof, bonnet or boot;
d) All measures that would be reasonably expected of You to take to prevent or mitigate Accidental Damage of Your Gadget, such as carrying multiple items in one hand, using Your Gadget in the bath or using a games console controller without using provided straps/restraints (as recommended by the manufacturer).
Proof of Repair
In all cases where You have indicated that the Gadget had been repaired previously, We will require original proof of repair from the phone repair company. We reserve the right to verify any and all repairs undertaken.
3. Specific Breakdown exclusions
a) Any malfunction of the Gadget caused by or related in any way to a software virus or any other software malfunction
b) Any Breakdown:
i). that occurs during the manufacturer’s guarantee or warranty period,
ii). caused by placing or using the Gadget in a location or environment that is not in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
4. General exclusions
1. Any claims made during the Exclusion Period. 2. The cost of any Claims relating to a level of cover You have not purchased.
3. Theft, Loss, Accidental Damage or Unauthorised Call Charges whilst the Gadget is in the possession of any third party with Your explicit consent other than Your Immediate Family or Authorised Person.
4. Any incident arising from abuse, misuse or neglect;
5. Theft, Loss, Accidental Damage or Breakdown to Accessories which are not attached to your Gadget at the time of the incident.
6. Cosmetic damage which includes but is not limited to wear and tear or gradual deterioration, corrosion, rust, dust or change in temperature, gradually developing defects, cracks, flaws or fractures, scratching, chipping, abrasion, change of colour, texture or finish.
7. Routine maintenance, adjustment, modification or servicing.
8. The VAT element of any claim if You are VAT registered.
9. Any other costs that are indirectly caused by the event which led to Your claim, unless specifically stated in this policy.
10. Any legal liability directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to or arising from:
a. ionising radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
b. the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
11. Any loss or damage or liability directly or indirectly occasioned by, happening through or in consequence of war, terrorism, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power, or confiscation or nationalisation or requisition or destruction of or damage to property by or under the order of any government or public or local authority.
12. A claim where You, Authorised Persons or Immediate Family cannot confirm the circumstances of the claim to Our satisfaction or where We identify fraudulent behaviour.
13. Any claim where the Gadget has not been used for its Core Purpose since the start of Your Policy which will be verified by Your network provider.
14. Any claims for a Gadget purchased from an online auction site or online market place unless You provide a receipt as new from a UK VAT registered company.
15. The cost of replacing any stored data or software including but not limited to songs, personalised ringtones, pictures, films, graphics or applications.
16. A claim resulting from the failure of any microchip, software, electrical or computer equipment, micro-controller, accessories or associated equipment to correctly recognise and process any calendar date or time.
17. Reconnection costs or subscription fees of any sort.
18. Any Gadget that was not in full working order upon purchase of this policy.
19. A repair or replacement if the Gadget and/or SIM card was blocked by
Your network or service provider at the time of the incident claimed for.
20. If a SIM card registered to You was not in Your Gadget at the time of the incident.
21. Any claim submitted by You where the make, model, storage capacity, and/or IMEI/Serial number differs from those details provided by You when You purchased Your policy.
22. Failure to observe the claims procedures may invalidate Your claim.
23. Any Accessories unless a valid Gadget claim has been approved by Us for Theft, Loss or Accidental Damage of Your Gadget where the Accessories are stolen, lost or damaged at the same time as Your Gadget.
24. Repairs for faults relating to a reduction in image retention on LCD, plasma or projection TV screens.
25. Pixilation, gas discharge, re-gassing or image burn on any TV surface or screen. Pixilation means the failure of either a liquid crystal screen (LCD) or a plasma screen pixel to react to the signal applied to it.
26. Accidental damage or water damage for TV’s.
27. Faults resulting from You failing to follow the operating and maintenance instructions of Your Gadget as per the manufacturers guidelines.
28. Faults that arise from Your Gadget being tampered with by an unauthorised person or a non-manufacturer approved engineer.
29. Any damage that happens after the incident occurred due to the continued use of Your Gadget.
30. Gadgets in transport where You have not protected the Gadget to a safe standard e.g. covered in fitted bubble wrap within a cardboard container where the Gadget is not loose.
Policyholders are entitled to unlimited accidental damage claims for each policy period. The Number of claims for theft or loss is limited to one per policy period.
HOW TO CLAIM
In the event of a claim you must:-
Notify the appropriate Airtime Provider within 48 hours of discovering the incident
Advise the police within 48 hours if there has been theft, loss or vandalism and obtain a Crime Reference Number
Advise the Administrator by telephone as soon as possible and in any event within 2 working days via the online portal (www.row.co.uk/login).
At the insurer’s sole discretion, provide at your own expense all details and evidence as may be reasonably required by the Administrator within 30 days of notification of your claim to the Administrator. Full details can be found in the Terms & Conditions.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT
If you are dissatisfied with the service you are provided by us or under this policy please contact us using the contact details below quoting your policy number.
Call us: 0844 3186870
Email us: email@example.com
Write to Us: Row.co.uk, Richmond House, Richmond Hill, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH2 6EZ.
If you are not satisfied by our response you may contact our insurer using the contact details below quoting your policy number. Qudos Insurance A/S, Kongevejen 371, 2840 Holte, Denmark. Telephone 004531265550. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with the response You may then ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to review your case, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR.
CANCELLING THE POLICY
Cancellation by you during the cooling off period
You may cancel this policy within 14 days of receiving it by contacting the Administrator at the address shown in this policy. Provided no claim has been made a full refund of premium paid by you will be given.
Cancellation after the cooling off period
In addition to your statutory right, you may cancel this insurance at any time by giving notice of cancellation, in writing or by telephone, to the Administrator. Cover will terminate immediately on receipt of your cancellation. If the premium is paid monthly there will be no refund of premium, if the premium is paid annually a pro rata return premium will be given less an administration charge of £15 provided you have not made a claim
Cancellation by us
We may cancel the policy by giving you 30 days written notice sent to your last known email address. We will make a proportionate refund of the premium paid.
ALTERATION TO THE COVER OR PRICE
If the insurer alters the terms of cover or price of your Warranty Appliance Insurance Policy they will only do so giving you 30 days’ notice.
Qudos Insurance A/S is covered under the Forsikrings Garantifond and this is Your first point of claim for financial compensation in the event of any financial failure of the Insurer. Cover also exists under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. This provides compensation in case any of its members are unable, in specified circumstances, to meet any valid claims under their policies. Under this scheme 90% of the total claim will be met (100% if the insurance is legally compulsory).
Compensation is only available to commercial customers in limited circumstances. Further information can be obtained from the Insurer, or from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme at the following address:
Financial Services Compensation Scheme, 10th Floor, Beaufort House, 15 St Botolph Street, London, EC3A 7QU.Tel: 0800 678 1100 or 0207 741 4100.
BIG Warranties Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, under Registration No 798998. This can be checked on their register by visiting the www.fca.gov.uk or by contacting them on 0800 111 6768.
Qudos Insurance A/S. Qudos Insurance A/S is authorised and regulated by Finanstilsynet (The Danish Financial Services Authority (FSA); Danish FSA number 53112. As an insurance company authorised within the European Union, Qudos Insurance A/S is permitted to conduct business in the United Kingdom and is authorised and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). You can check this by visiting the FCA website. Qudos Insurance A/C is registered in Denmark; company number 33956967, registered office, Kongevejen 371, DK 2840 Holte, Denmark.
DEMANDS AND NEEDS STATEMENT
Row.co.uk Gadget Insurance will meet the demands and needs of those people who wish to protect their Gadgets against the risks of theft, loss, accidental damage, electrical or mechanical breakdown and airtime abuse in the UK, with cover extended wherever you are in the world for a maximum of 45 days.
BIG Warranties Limited do not provide advice or recommend that their Row.co.uk Gadget Insurance policy is suitable for you. You should decide before purchasing, whether the terms and conditions of the insurance policy meet your demands and needs for Gadget insurance.
If you are buying cover for the first time or replacing existing insurance cover that you may have, it is important that you take your own individual needs and circumstances into account.
In addition to this Demands and Needs Statement you should also read and consider the Row.co.uk Terms and Conditions Document and Key Facts Document. These documents are available for viewing at www.Row.co.uk and in addition, will be provided to you, in PDF download format, after you have purchased cover.
Read either separately or together, these documents highlight to you the key features and benefits of the Row.co.uk Gadget Insurance policy and will enable you to make an informed choice as to whether the Row.co.uk Gadget Insurance policy meets your demands and needs.
You can cancel this Row.co.uk Gadget Insurance policy within the 14 day cooling off period and anytime thereafter should you decide that the cover is no longer suitable for your needs.
When deciding whether the Row.co.uk Gadget Insurance policy meets your demands and needs, questions you should consider are:-
Am I under 18?
Do I live permanently outside of the UK?
Your mobile phone is older than 12 months at the point of applying for this insurance.
Am I already covered by another type of insurance policy?
Do I require additional risks to be covered other than those detailed in the policy document?
If you can answer 'NO' to all of the above questions, then your demands and needs are those of an Equipment owner who wishes and needs to ensure their Gadget insurance needs are met now and in the future.
Easy website to navigate and 1st class service