This policy has been arranged for you by BIG Warranties Limited, Richmond House, Richmond Hill, Bournemouth, Dorset.BH2 6EZ which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Financial Services Reference Number 798998.
1. THE INSURANCE
Subject to the General Conditions, Exclusions, General Exclusions, Claims Procedure, level of cover purchased and any other terms of this insurance set out in this document together with Your supporting Certificate Schedule You are covered for:
Accidental Damage & Breakdown following a valid claim for any Appliance(s) specified in Your Certificate Schedule.
You are covered against the repair cost of Your Appliance(s) in the event of Breakdown and Accidental Damage whilst in Your possession or that of Your Immediate Family at Your address as specified in the Certificate Schedule during the Period of Insurance.
You are covered for the replacement cost of Your Appliance(s) when, at Our discretion, Your Appliance(s) is deemed Beyond Economical Repair. Where replacement Appliance(s) are authorised by Us, these may be new or reconditioned units. If Your Appliance is replaced and Your faulty equipment is not taken away, You will be responsible for disposing of it at Your own cost.
The words or phrases described below shall have the following meaning wherever used in this document.
The sudden and unforeseen accidental damage to the Appliance(s) including liquid damage not otherwise specifically excluded from this Policy.
Administrator, Our, We or Us
Row.co.uk is a trading name of BIG Warranties Limited, Richmond House, Richmond Hill, Bournemouth, Dorset BH2 6EZ who can be contacted on 0844 318 6870 during their office hours 9.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday. Alternatively, they can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Appliance(s) must have been purchased as new from a UK VAT registered company within the last 6 years, as evidenced by a valid and relevant Proof of Purchase.
Your insured Appliance(s) details will be included within Your Certificate Schedule, which will be provided by the Administrator following purchase. The Appliance(s) must be in full working order at the point of application for this insurance without having been previously repaired. Your Appliance cover will cease once the Appliance is 8 years old.
Beyond Economic Repair
The cost to repair Your Appliance(s) exceeds its current market value, so for the purpose of any claim, Your Appliance(s) will be deemed a total loss.
The actual breaking or burning out of any part of Your Appliance(s) whilst in ordinary use, arising from condensation, dampness, internal electronic, electrical or mechanical faults in the Appliance(s) causing sudden stoppage of its function and necessitating immediate repair before it can resume normal operation.
The document (to be read in conjunction with this policy) which includes the unique details of Your Appliance(s) and chosen insurance cover.
The amount You must pay towards the cost of any claim. The Excess amount required is £65 for Appliances insured for up to £500, for Appliances insured for £500 and over the Excess is £125. If you claim within the first three months of the policy start date an additional Excess of £65 will apply.
The period during which, if Your Appliance(s) is damaged, breaks down or suffers liquid damage, You will not be able to claim. This period is:
14 days after the start date of Your policy
14 days after any change to Your policy in which You add an Appliance(s) to Your policy or replace Your current insured Appliance(s) (the Exclusion Period in this case applies to any Appliance(s) You add).
14 days after a late payment of Your insurance premium amount.
Should an incident occur within the 14 day Exclusion Period You will not be able to make a claim during that time or at any time in the future for that circumstance or any circumstances relating to it.
Your spouse or partner, children, brothers, sisters (who must be over the age of 16) and parents who permanently reside with You at Your address.
Qudos Insurance A/S. Qudos Insurance A/S is authorised and regulated by Finanstilsynet (The Danish Financial Services Authority (FSA); Danish FSA number 53112. As an insurance company authorised within the European Union, Qudos Insurance A/S is permitted to conduct business in the United Kingdom and is authorised and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). You can check this by visiting the FCA website. Qudos Insurance A/C is registered in Denmark; company
number 33956967, registered office, Kongevejen 371, DK 2840 Holte, Denmark.
Limit of Liability
The Insurer’s maximum liability for any claim shall not exceed the maximum replacement value of Your Appliance(s) at the time of loss, and in any case will not exceed the maximum limit specified in Your Certificate Schedule.
Period of Insurance
The insurance starts at the time of payment for the insurance. The policy will be for a minimum of 12 months and each year We will offer to renew Your policy for a further period of 12 months. If You do not tell Us that You do not wish for the policy to continue, it will automatically be renewed.
Monthly and Annual premiums, which are inclusive of insurance premium tax, will be collected by the Administrator via Direct Debit or Debit/Credit Card. This insurance may be terminated immediately if the Insurer does not receive Your premium on the date(s) specified in Your Certificate Schedule.
Proof of Purchase
An original document showing the make, model and Serial Number of Your Appliance(s), the date of purchase, that it is owned by You and that it was purchased as new from a UK VAT registered company.
The Serial Number is a unique combination of characters that identifies Your Appliance(s).
The United Kingdom only excluding the Channel Islands and Isle of Man.
The person (over the age of 18) who has purchased Appliance insurance as described in Your Certificate Schedule from the Administrator. You must be a permanent UK resident in the United Kingdom with the right to indefinite leave to remain in the UK. We reserve the right to request proof of residency e.g. valid UK passport or full UK birth certificate.
This Policy does not cover:
1. Specific Accidental Damage exclusions
a) Any damage to the Appliance caused by or related in any way to a software virus or any other software malfunction.
b) Any damage directly occasioned by pressure waves caused by aircraft and other aerial devices travelling at sonic or supersonic speeds.
c) Damage caused by not taking measures that would be reasonably expected of You to take to prevent or mitigate Accidental Damage of Your Appliance(s).
d) Malicious damage.
2. Specific Breakdown exclusions
a) Any malfunction of the Appliance(s) caused by or related in any way to a software virus or any other software malfunction.
b) Any Breakdown:
i) that occurs during the manufacturer’s guarantee or warranty period,
ii) caused by placing or using the Appliance(s) in a location or environment that is not in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
4. GENERAL EXCLUSIONS
1. Any claims made during the Exclusion Period. Any excesses must be paid before a claim can be processed.
2. The cost of any claims relating to a level of cover You have not purchased.
3. Accidental Damage whilst the Appliance(s) is in the possession of any third party other than Your Immediate Family at Your address as shown in Your Certificate Schedule.
4. Any incident arising from abuse, misuse or neglect.
5. Accidental Damage or Breakdown to any additional equipment or accessories.
6. Cosmetic damage which includes but is not limited to wear and tear or gradual deterioration, corrosion, rust, dust or change in temperature, gradually developing defects, cracks, flaws or fractures, scratching, chipping, abrasion, change of colour, texture or finish.
7. Routine maintenance, adjustment, modification or servicing.
8. The VAT element of any claim if You are VAT registered.
9. Any other costs that are indirectly caused by the event which led to Your claim, unless specifically stated in this policy.
10. Any legal liability directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to or arising from:
a. ionising radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
b. the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
11. Any loss or damage or liability directly or indirectly occasioned by, happening through or in consequence of war, terrorism, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power, or confiscation or nationalisation or requisition or destruction of or damage to property by or under the order of any government or public or local authority.
12. A claim where You or Your Immediate Family cannot confirm the circumstances of the claim to Our satisfaction or where We identify fraudulent behaviour.
13. Any claims for Appliance(s) purchased from an online auction site or online market place unless You provide a receipt as new from a UK VAT registered company.
14. A claim resulting from the failure of any microchip, software, electrical or computer equipment, micro-controller, accessories or associated equipment to correctly recognise and process any calendar date or time.
15. Any Appliance that was not in full working order upon purchase of this policy and without having been previously repaired.
16. Any claim submitted by You where the make, model, specification, and/or Serial Number differs from those details provided by You when You purchased Your Policy.
17. Theft or Loss of Your Appliance.
18. Commercial Appliances or domestic Appliances in a commercial environment e.g. a bed and breakfast establishment.
19. Any cost of fitting a replacement Appliance that requires modifying of any cupboards or storage unit and/or work surface where the Appliance is integrated into the units and has become obsolete.
20. Transportation costs, delivery costs in excess of £50 and installation of a new Appliance or reinstallation of the original Appliance.
21. Any corrosion, denting, blockages or scratching of the Appliance.
22. Any realignment or re-sighting of satellite dishes.
23. All costs incurred where no Breakdown has been found.
24. Any breakdown, damage or malfunctions of the Appliance that have previously been repaired prior to this insurance application.
25. Any costs arising from waiting for a courier or engineer or rearranging missed appointments with couriers or engineers.
26. Faults resulting from You failing to follow the operating and maintenance instructions of Your Appliance as per the manufacturers guidelines.
27. Faults that arise from Your Appliance being tampered with by an unauthorised person or a non-manufacturer approved engineer.
28. Any damage that happens after the incident occurred due to the continued use of the Appliance.
29. Any Appliance being moved or in transport.
5. FORCE MAJEURE
If We are prevented from providing services under this Policy as a result of an unusual or unforeseeable event or circumstance beyond Our reasonable control (‘Force Majeure’), We shall not be in breach of this agreement. In such circumstances We shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations, provided that if the period of delay or non-performance continues for one month, You may terminate this agreement by giving 14 days' written notice to Us. Force Majeure events include, but are not limited to, war, threat of war, riot, civil disturbance or strife, terrorist activity (actual or threatened), industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood, major adverse weather conditions, Acts of God and failures of Our subcontractors to perform their obligations.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS
1. Cover may terminate immediately if Your monthly premium has not been paid to the Administrator as detailed in Your Certificate Schedule.
2. Cover is limited to three claims per policy year and not exceeding the maximum claim limit for each Appliance insured.
3. If You are paying for monthly cover and make a claim You will be required to pay the premium for a minimum term of 12 months in advance before We can authorise a claim. The remaining premium must be received within 30 days of the claim date. If You have added an Appliance(s) to Your Policy part way through Your policy and You make a claim for that Appliance(s), You will be required to pay a full 12 months cover for that Appliance(s).
4. We may change the terms and conditions of the Policy and or the premium. We will give You 30 day’s written notice via email of any changes.
5. If an engineer is called out and no fault it found we reserve the right to charge an administration fee of £30 as well as the cost of the engineer call out fee.
6. Original documents must be provided in all cases. We will not accept handwritten receipts or documents not on headed paper. We will not accept forwarded emails or documents that appear to have been modified in any way. We reserve the right to verify any documentation supplied to Us.
7. If no fault is found with Your Appliance You may be liable for all claim costs.
In addition to Your statutory rights, You may cancel this insurance at any time by giving notice of cancellation, in writing to the Administrator. Cover will terminate immediately on receipt of Your written notice of cancellation. For Policies paid on a monthly basis there will be no refund of premium. For Policies paid annually a pro rata return premium will be given less an administration charge of £30. If You have made a claim no refund will be due.
The Insurer reserves the right to cancel this Insurance by giving 30 days written notice to You and giving a pro rata return premium. If You want to cancel and You are paying by Direct Debit, We require seven calendar day’s written notice otherwise We may attempt to take the premium due and cannot be held responsible for any bank charges incurred.
If You make a claim within 14 days of the Policy start date, We reserve the right to cancel Your policy with immediate effect. We will retain any premiums paid to assist with costs involved with Your claim.
Should You replace Your Appliance(s) with a new Appliance(s) the Insurer may consider transferring the benefit of the insurance, providing Your new Appliance(s) remains within the same price banding. You must advise the Administrator of the make, model and Serial Number of the new Appliance(s). The benefit will be transferred from the date confirmed by the Administrator.
We operate a zero tolerance policy on fraud to ensure Our honest policyholders can benefit from lower premiums. If You or anyone acting on Your behalf makes a fraudulent or false claim You will forfeit all rights under this policy. We reserve the right to retain all premiums paid and recover any costs incurred as a result of any false or fraudulent claim. Your details may also be shared with the police and other insurers.
In the event of a claim You must comply with the required timelines specified in the Claims Procedure below. Your monthly or annual premium must have been received at the time of claiming. Any excesses must be paid before a claim can be processed. Failure to observe the claims procedures may invalidate Your claim.
7. CLAIMS PROCEDURE
Please comply with the following procedures to obtain authorisation with the minimum delay. Failure to observe these procedures may invalidate Your claim.
Accidental Damage Claims
You must keep all parts of Your Appliance(s) until the claim is resolved.
You must notify the Administrator via the online portal (www.row.co.uk/login) within 10 working days of discovering the incident. The Administrator’s office hours are 9.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
Your claim may be invalidated if You do not supply any requested documents We asked for at the inception of Your policy and no refund will be given.
You must complete the online claims form fully and submit it in accordance with the Administrator’s instructions , and in any event within 30 days of notifying the claim incident together with any requested supporting documentation (original documents only), Serial Number (where applicable), pay the Excess and remaining premium for Your policy if You are paying on a monthly basis. Any claims forms that are not submitted within 30 days of the incident will be withdrawn and You will be required to submit a new claim.
The Administrator will assess Your claim, and providing Your claim is valid, will authorise the repair or replacement of the Appliance(s) as appropriate.
We reserve the right to speak to any party that may be relevant to the claim, the owner of the Appliance or the policyholder. If this is not possible without mitigating circumstances then this may invalidate your claim.
We may arrange for inspection of Your Appliance(s) at any point during the claims procedure. We may collect Your faulty Appliance(s) at any time during a claim. It may not be returned if a replacement is issued to You. If We replace Your Appliance(s) and do not take your faulty Appliance(s) away, You will be responsible for disposing of it at Your own cost.
In the event that Your Appliance(s) cannot be repaired or is Beyond Economic Repair We will, at Our discretion, replace Your Appliance(s) with a new or reconditioned Appliance(s) of the same or similar make and specification, which may not be compatible with any specialist equipment You may have, or offer You a cash settlement in line with the current market value of Your Appliance(s) subject to the maximum limit specified in Your Certificate Schedule.
If You make a claim and the Appliance sum insured is not equivalent or more than the value as shown on Your Proof of Purchase, We will proportionally reduce the amount of any claim payment made by the percentage of under payment of premium, which has arisen as a result of the shortfall in the sum insured. For example, if the premium You have paid for Your Appliance is equal to 75% of what Your premium would have been if Your Appliance sum insured was enough to repair or replace your Appliance, then We will pay up to 75% of any claim made by You.
If You make a claim and Your policy is declared void, We may retain any premiums paid to assist in Your claim costs. Your policy may be declared void for reasons such as Your insured Appliance was over the age of 6 years at the time of application, You are not a permanent UK resident or You (the insured) are not over the age of 18.
8. YOUR STATUTORY RIGHT OF CANCELLATION
You have a right to cancel this insurance by giving notice of cancellation within 14 days of the receipt of Confirmation of Insurance Cover to the Administrator in writing at Row.co.uk, Richmond House, Richmond Hill, Bournemouth, Dorset BH2 6EZ quoting Your Telephone number. Provided no claim has been made a full refund of Premium paid by You will be given. If You do not exercise this right to cancel then Your rights and those of the Insurer to cancel this insurance cover afterwards are set out in Section 6 (GENERAL CONDITIONS).
9. COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
If You are dissatisfied with the service You are provided by Us or under this Policy please contact Us using the contact details below quoting Your Policy number.
Call Us: 0203 4119409
Email Us: email@example.com
Write to Us: Row.co.uk, Richmond House, Richmond Hill, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH2 6EZ.
We will acknowledge the complaint promptly and do Our best to resolve matters within 2 weeks.
If You are not satisfied by Our response You may contact the Insurer using the contact details below quoting Your policy number.
Qudos Insurance A/S, Kongevejen 371, 2840 Holte, Denmark.
Telephone: 00 45 31 26 5550.
If You are dissatisfied with their response or Your complaint is not resolved within 8 weeks You have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
You may contact the Financial Ombudsman at:
The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR.
Telephone: 08000 234 567 (free for people phoning from a fixed line) or 0300 123 9 123 (free for mobile phone users who pay a monthly charge for calls to numbers starting 01 or 02)
Following this complaints procedure does not affect Your right to take legal action.
10. GENERAL INFORMATION
This policy is underwritten by Qudos Insurance A/S, Kongevejen 371
DK-2840 Holte, Denmark
Your policy is administered by Row.co.uk which is a trading name of BIG Warranties Limited. BIG Warranties Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under Financial Services Register Number 798998. This information can be checked by visiting the Financial Conduct Authority website at www.fca.org.uk.
BIG Warranties Limited is registered in England: company number:
07002567. Registered office: Suite 5 & 6, Richmond House, Richmond Hill, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH2 6EZ
Qudos Insurance A/S is covered under the Forsikrings Garantifond and this is Your first point of claim for financial compensation in the event of any financial failure of the Insurer. Cover also exists under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. This provides compensation in case any of its members are unable, in specified circumstances, to meet any valid claims under their policies. Under this scheme 90% of the total claim will be met (100% if the insurance is legally compulsory).
Compensation is only available to commercial customers in limited circumstances. Further information can be obtained from the Insurer, or from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme at the following address:
Financial Services Compensation Scheme, 10th Floor, Beaufort House, 15 St Botolph Street, London, EC3A 7QU.Tel: 0800 678 1100 or 0207 741 4100.
11. DATA PROTECTION
PLEASE READ this notice as it explains the purposes for which the Insurer or We will use Your personal information.
Each of the Insurer and Us is a data controller (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) of the personal information each of them collects about You in connection with this policy.
Your personal information will be used for the following purposes: (a) for administration of this policy including, but not limited to, underwriting, administration and claims handling; (b) to communicate with You in connection with this policy; (c) for internal analysis and research; (d) to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and (e) to help prevent, detect or deal with crime or fraud.
We and the Insurer use agents and service providers to collect, hold and process on its behalf Your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy. These agents and service providers act on the Insurer's or Our instructions (as applicable) and will only use information as the Insurer or We tells them to.
We or the Insurer may disclose Your personal information to third parties (including to the police, other governmental bodies and other insurers) as required by law or if We or the Insurer think the disclosure may help to prevent, detect and deal with crime or fraud.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information the Insurer or We hold about. If You find at any time that any of the information the Insurer or We hold about You is incorrect then You should promptly notify the Insurer or Us and the Insurer or We (as appropriate) will correct the inaccuracy.
You can contact the Insurer or Us about privacy issues or comment or complain about the Insurer's or Our privacy practices by contacting.
Qudos Insurance A/S, Kongevejen 371, 2840 Holte, Denmark. Telephone 00 45 31 26 5550. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
BIG Warranties Limited, Richmond House, Richmond Hill, Bournemouth,
Dorset, BH2 6EZ.
Telephone: 0800 7797444.
12. ALTERATION AND ASSIGNMENT
You are not permitted to assign to another person(s) or change in any way the rights under this Policy without the express consent of the Insurer or its agent, acting on its behalf.
13. EXCLUSION OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
Nothing in this Policy is intended to confer a directly enforceable benefit on any other party and therefore the provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 do not apply.
14. GOVERNING LAW
This Policy, and any dispute concerning its interpretation, is governed by the laws of England and Wales and the jurisdiction of the English Courts will apply. We will communicate in English.
Easy website to navigate and 1st class service
Insurance Choice Awards winner and finalist in 2016 & 2017
Our customers love us
4.72 rating on Google
We've insured over 200,000 gadgets & appliances†
Our call centre & support team are all in the UK
Get protected against accidental, electrical and mechanical damage from just £1.49 a month.
Optional extras include loss, theft and unauthorised call cover for a further £1 a month.
PLUS 20% off when you insure 4 or more gadgets on an annual basis.