Row.co.uk Appliance Policy Summary
POLICY SUMMARY – BASIC COVER
This summary is a brief guide to the Row.co.uk Appliance Insurance Cover arranged by BIG Warranties Limited and underwritten by Qudos Insurance A/S. You must read the Terms and Conditions of this insurance cover for full details and definitions of the cover provided. This summary does not form part of your contract of insurance.
TYPE OF INSURANCE
The Row.co.uk Appliance Insurance Policy entitles you to a repair or replacement of any appliance equipment declared to us, when you applied, up to the maximum replacement value of your appliance at the time of the loss subject to the maximum limit specified in your certificate schedule.
Period of Insurance
The insurance starts at the time of purchase of the insurance for a period of 12 months. The policy can be paid in full at inception or in monthly instalments. Each year we will offer to renew your policy for a further period of 12 months. If you do not tell us that you do not wish for the policy to continue, it will automatically be renewed.
POLICY COVER – SIGNIFICANT FEATURES, BENEFITS, LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
WHAT WE WILL COVER
You are covered under this Policy for the cost of repair or replacement of your appliance following breakdown or accidental damage during the period of cover.
In the first instance we will try to resolve the issues you are having with your appliance through our helpline. If it is not possible to resolve the problems with your appliance over the telephone we may send an engineer to you to repair your appliance. In the event that your appliance cannot be repaired We will, at Our discretion, replace your appliance with new or reconditioned appliance of the same or similar make and specification, that may not be compatible with any specialist equipment you may have, or offer you a cash settlement in line with the current market value of your appliance.
The amount You must pay towards the cost of any claim. The excess amount required for any claims for your appliance is £65 for appliances up to £500 and £125 for appliances insured for £500 and over. If you claim within the first 3 months of the policy start date an additional excess of £65 will apply.
Any excesses must be paid before a claim can be processed.
The period during which, if your appliance(s) is damaged, breaks down or suffers liquid damage, you will not be able to claim. This period is:
14 days after the start date of your policy
14 days after any change to your policy in which you add an appliance(s) to your policy or replace your current insured appliance(s) (the exclusion period in this case applies to any appliance(s) you add.)
14 days after a late payment of your insurance premium amount.
Should an incident occur within the 14 day exclusion period you will not be able to make a claim during that time or at any time in the future for that circumstance or any circumstances relating to it.
The following are excluded from the cover under this policy;
This Policy does not cover:
1. Specific accidental damage exclusions
a) Any damage to the Appliance caused by or related in any way to a software virus or any other software malfunction.
b) Any damage directly occasioned by pressure waves caused by aircraft and other aerial devices travelling at sonic or supersonic speeds.
c) Damage caused by not taking measures that would be reasonably expected of You to take to prevent or mitigate Accidental Damage of Your Appliance(s).
d) Malicious damage.
2. Specific Breakdown exclusions
a) Any malfunction of the Appliance(s) caused by or related in any way to a software virus or any other software malfunction.
b) Any Breakdown:
i) that occurs during the manufacturer’s guarantee or warranty period,
ii) caused by placing or using the Appliance(s) in a location or environment that is not in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
This policy does not cover the following;
1. Any claims made during the Exclusion Period. Any excesses must be paid before a claim can be processed.
2. The cost of any claims relating to a level of cover You have not purchased.
3. Accidental Damage whilst the Appliance(s) is in the possession of any third party other than Your Immediate Family at Your address as shown in Your Certificate Schedule.
4. Any incident arising from abuse, misuse or neglect.
5. Accidental Damage or Breakdown to any additional equipment or accessories.
6. Cosmetic damage which includes but is not limited to wear and tear or gradual deterioration, corrosion, rust, dust or change in temperature, gradually developing defects, cracks, flaws or fractures, scratching, chipping, abrasion, change of colour, texture or finish.
7. Routine maintenance, adjustment, modification or servicing.
8. The VAT element of any claim if You are VAT registered.
9. Any other costs that are indirectly caused by the event which led to Your claim, unless specifically stated in this policy.
10. Any legal liability directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to or arising from:
a. ionising radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
b. the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
11. Any loss or damage or liability directly or indirectly occasioned by, happening through or in consequence of war, terrorism, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power, or confiscation or nationalisation or requisition or destruction of or damage to property by or under the order of any government or public or local authority.
12. A claim where You or Your Immediate Family cannot confirm the circumstances of the claim to Our satisfaction or where We identify fraudulent behaviour.
13. Any claims for Appliance(s) purchased from an online auction site or online market place unless You provide a receipt as new from a UK VAT registered company.
14. A claim resulting from the failure of any microchip, software, electrical or computer equipment, micro-controller, accessories or associated equipment to correctly recognise and process any calendar date or time.
15. Any Appliance that was not in full working order upon purchase of this policy and without having been previously repaired.
16. Any claim submitted by You where the make, model, specification, and/or Serial Number differs from those details provided by You when You purchased Your Policy.
17. Theft or Loss of Your Appliance.
18. Commercial Appliances or domestic Appliances in a commercial environment e.g. a bed and breakfast establishment.
19. Any cost of fitting a replacement Appliance that requires modifying of any cupboards or storage unit and/or work surface where the Appliance is integrated into the units and has become obsolete.
20. Transportation costs, delivery costs in excess of £50 and installation of a new Appliance or reinstallation of the original Appliance.
21. Any corrosion, denting, blockages or scratching of the Appliance.
22. Any realignment or re-sighting of satellite dishes.
23. All costs incurred where no Breakdown has been found.
24. Any breakdown, damage or malfunctions of the Appliance that have previously been repaired prior to this insurance application.
25. Any costs arising from waiting for a courier or engineer or rearranging missed appointments with couriers or engineers.
26. Faults resulting from You failing to follow the operating and maintenance instructions of Your Appliance as per the manufacturers guidelines.
27. Faults that arise from Your Appliance being tampered with by an unauthorised person or a non-manufacturer approved engineer.
28. Any damage that happens after the incident occurred due to the continued use of the Appliance.
29. Any Appliance being moved or in transport.
1. Cover may terminate immediately if Your monthly premium has not been paid to the Administrator as detailed in Your Certificate Schedule.
2. Cover is limited to three claims per policy year and not exceeding the maximum claim limit for each Appliance insured.
3. If You are paying for monthly cover and make a claim You will be required to pay the premium for a minimum term of 12 months in advance before We can authorise a claim. The remaining premium must be received within 30 days of the claim date. If You have added an Appliance(s) to Your Policy part way through Your policy and You make a claim for that Appliance(s), You will be required to pay a full 12 months cover for that Appliance(s).
4. We may change the terms and conditions of the Policy and or the premium. We will give You 30 day’s written notice via email of any changes.
5. If an engineer is called out and no fault it found we reserve the right to charge an administration fee of £30 as well as the cost of the engineer call out fee.
6. Original documents must be provided in all cases. We will not accept handwritten receipts or documents not on headed paper. We will not accept forwarded emails or documents that appear to have been modified in any way. We reserve the right to verify any documentation supplied to Us.
7. If no fault is found with Your Appliance You may be liable for all claim costs.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT
If you are dissatisfied with the service you are provided by us or under this policy please contact us using the contact details below quoting your policy number.
Call us: 0844 3186870
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to Us: Row.co.uk, Richmond House, Richmond Hill, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH2 6EZ.
If you are not satisfied by our response you may contact our insurer using the contact details below quoting your policy number. Qudos Insurance A/S, Kongevejen 371, 2840 Holte, Denmark. Telephone 004531265550. Email: email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with the response You may then ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to review your case, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR.
CANCELLING THE POLICY
Cancellation by you during the cooling off period
You may cancel this policy within 14 days of receiving it by contacting the Administrator at the address shown in this policy. Provided no claim has been made a full refund of premium paid by you will be given.
Cancellation after the cooling off period
In addition to your statutory right, you may cancel this insurance at any time by giving notice of cancellation, in writing or by telephone, to the Administrator. Cover will terminate immediately on receipt of your cancellation. If the premium is paid monthly there will be no refund of premium, if the premium is paid annually a pro rata return premium will be given less an administration charge of £30comm provided you have not made a claim
Cancellation by us
We may cancel the policy by giving you 30 days written notice sent to your last known email address. We will make a proportionate refund of the premium paid.
ALTERATION TO THE COVER OR PRICE
If the insurer alters the terms of cover or price of your Warranty Appliance Insurance Policy they will only do so giving you 30 days’ notice.
Qudos Insurance A/S is covered under the Forsikrings Garantifond and this is Your first point of claim for financial compensation in the event of any financial failure of the Insurer. Cover also exists under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. This provides compensation in case any of its members are unable, in specified circumstances, to meet any valid claims under their policies. Under this scheme 90% of the total claim will be met (100% if the insurance is legally compulsory).
Compensation is only available to commercial customers in limited circumstances.
Further information can be obtained from the Insurer, or from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme at the following address:
Financial Services Compensation Scheme, 10th Floor, Beaufort House, 15 St Botolph Street, London, EC3A 7QU.Tel: 0800 678 1100 or 0207 741 4100.
BIG Warranties Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, under Registration No 798998. This can be checked on their register by visiting the www.fca.gov.uk or by contacting them on 0800 111 6768.
Qudos Insurance A/S. Qudos Insurance A/S is authorised and regulated by Finanstilsynet (The Danish Financial Services Authority (FSA); Danish FSA number 53112. As an insurance company authorised within the European Union, Qudos Insurance A/S is permitted to conduct business in the United Kingdom and is authorised and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). You can check this by visiting the FCA website. Qudos Insurance A/C is registered in Denmark; company number 33956967, registered office, Kongevejen 371, DK 2840 Holte, Denmark.
DEMANDS AND NEEDS STATEMENT
Row.co.uk Appliance Insurance will meet the demands and needs of those people who wish to protect their appliances in the UK against the risks of accidental damage or electrical or mechanical.
BIG Warranties Limited do not provide advice or recommend that their Row.co.uk Appliance Insurance Policy is suitable for you. You should decide before purchasing, whether the terms and conditions of the insurance policy meet your demands and needs for appliance insurance.
If you are buying cover for the first time or replacing existing insurance cover that you may have, it is important that you take your own individual needs and circumstances into account.
In addition to this Demands and Needs Statement you should also read and consider the full Row.co.uk Appliance Insurance Policy. These documents are available for viewing at www.row.co.uk/login in PDF download format, after you have purchased cover.
Read either separately or together, these documents highlight to you the key features and benefits of the Row.co.uk Appliance Insurance Policy and will enable you to make an informed choice as to whether the cover provided meets your demands and needs.
You can cancel this Row.co.uk Appliance Insurance Policy within the 14 day cooling off period and anytime thereafter should you decide that the cover is no longer suitable for your needs.
When deciding whether the Row.co.uk Appliance Insurance Policy meets your demands and needs, questions you should consider are:-
Does my appliance have an existing fault?
Am I already covered by another type of insurance policy?
Do I require additional risks to be covered other than those detailed in the summary policy document?
If you can answer 'NO' to all of the above questions, then your demands and needs are those of an appliance owner who wishes and needs to ensure their appliance insurance summary needs are met now and in the future.
Easy website to navigate and 1st class service