There’s no denying that we’re a nation more glued to our Smartphone than ever before. As a result of this, it’s important to insure your mobile phone to avoid that all-too familiar feeling of panic as we realise we have misplaced or damaged our most prized possession.
Here we reveal our top tips for a successful mobile phone insurance claim:
1. Honesty really is the best policy – avoid the temptation to lie even if you lost or broke your mobile in an embarrassing situation which you’d rather not divulge! Your claim is less likely to go through if you start fibbing because claim investigators are skilled in their role and have dealt with enough liars in their time to spot fraud a mile off!
2. Check the Terms & Conditions of your phone insurance policy – do the Ts&Cs cover the circumstances in which you lost / damaged had your phone stolen? Your policy must be up to date if you update your phone and change your handset. Make sure you read the small print before you make your claim so that you know what you’re covered for.
3. Get all your documents ready – when you make a claim, you’ll need to have proof of purchase, IMEI number, a Crime Reference/Lost Property number and also a copy of the Police Crime or Loss Report. If you struggle to produce these documents, your claim will probably be unsuccessful.
4. Act quickly – make sure you notify the relevant authorities and your phone insurance provider as soon as you can. Most policies specify a timeframe to report a lost or stolen item (typically 24 hours). Inform your network provider sooner rather than later so that they can block your phone and no calls or texts can be sent.
5. Collect evidence – get eyewitness accounts if possible if your phone has been stolen.
6. Keep all the parts – don’t throw away the remnants of your damaged phone! The parts will be required for inspection once you’ve made the claim.
How can Row.co.uk help you?
Unlike lots of other gadget insurance companies, we deal with everything from when you sign up through to when you claim. We’re like lightning when it comes to dealing with claims and we make decisions in a jiffy!
• We’ll have a replacement over to you within 1-2 days upon approval of your claim.
• We’ll send a safe, prepaid package to put your phone in if you have damaged or cracked it so you can send it back to us for repair.
• If your phone has been the victim of theft and used by some scoundrel, we pick up the bill for unauthorised calls (if selected during the application process).
Insure your mobile today with one of the fastest growing UK mobile insurance companies. We treat our customers the way we wish to be treated and our customer service is testament to that. No stress, no hassle, just straightforward!
Give us a call on 0203 411 9409 to find out more information.